Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A long time coming

I started this quilt for Archie when I was pregnant with him... it's been a long time in the making, well actually a long time on the shelf waiting to be made. Archie was born in April, so I was pregnant over a very, very hot summer... in a little hotbox with lots of big windows, crappy aluminium Venetians and no air-conditioning... it was horrendous, and so not much sewing got done. Then my machine packed it in and it was all over. Until recently!

I finally finished the top, and my wonderful Mum quilted it for me, and bound it (which she never does, so I'm very grateful), and she even put a little tag on the back for me to make it extra special. But it is extra special anyway, a quilt for my boy, made with love by his Gran and Mummy... sigh.



3 comments:

Emma said...

Kate, this is just beautiful. I love everything about it! And how special - from both mum and grandma.

Ellie said...

That is simply stunning. I love the colours.

Well done

Unknown said...

That is a beautiful quilt! You're so clever.