Saturday, September 6, 2008

Lazy days and bubbles floating....

After a fortnight of sore back, cold weather, and general lack of motivation, I've finally made something. First up was the Lazy Days Skirt, a free tutorial I found here, following a tip off from the talented Pink Lizzy.

It was a real cinch to make, didn't take very long at all. I used one third of a vintage tablecloth I bought on e-bay donkeys ago, and some grosgrain ribbon I had lying around (I love it when that happens!). I lurvvvvve the red and yellow combo, and it was so cheap I wont mind when Miss Harper runs around in our muddy back yard in it! All up, a huge success.



On a roll, I gave the Oliver & S Bubble Dress ago. I've had it cut out for about a month now. It was much easier than I thought, finished in under two hours, a big slap on the back for my speedy sewing (although, I'd better come clean, it doesn't have buttons yet!) I tried it on Harps, and it fits, just. So, possibly will hand this one onto someone smaller and make the bigger size for her for Summer. The fabric is El Cheapo poplin from Spotlight, but very sweet. Harper might get lucky with the next one and be indulged with some of my Anna Maria Horner fabric! It makes me nervous just thinking about cutting it though, it's so purtey...



1 comment:

Lisa said...

Wow! Love the dress and the fabric on the skirt is beautiful. Cant wait to see when you use some Anna Marie Horner!