Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Naughty, naughty blogger

OK... so the festive season well and truly got the better of me. I can only apologise for the long absence from my blog - though I don't really believe that anyone is reading this too often, so it doesn't matter soooo much. I was so busy with study (which is now finished - hooray!), work (yes, the kind you get paid for), and getting ready for Christmas that my little ole blog missed out. So I am sorry, little blog, and I will try to do much, much better this year. Now that my TAFE course is finished I plan on devoting loads more time to my crafty pursuits... just look at what I have achieved so far this year...


This is a variation on a little number I've done before - the lazy days dress. Harper picked the fabric on an outing to Spotlight. She was desperately insistent that she have it... who was I to refuse? She absolutely adores it, which makes me feel a little smug inside. She calls it her Rainbow Skirt, which sounds like every girly girl's dream!



These are two more strappy sundresses I made, this blue one was a gift for a little girl we know. The white one uses some really lovely crinkly cotton, with little peach and mint flowers and leaves on it. The fabric is so divine, the photo doesn't do it justice. I am thinking it could be OK for Harper to wear to my brother's wedding in February.


Some shorts for Arch. These are great, I'm loving the fabric's together, and they are great on him. Especially the white ones with navy sailboats.. they're very "see you at the club for lunch". I'd say they make him look very dapper indeed.


And here is the piece de resistance... the Christmas Dress!!!! I made this for Miss H to wear on Christmas Day - and she looked the bomb. The satin ribbon hides a bid mistake at the back, but I'm pretty sure no-one noticed.

Off to watch Gossip Girl now (yes, I'm one of those crazy's!!). I promise to be back soon.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous!
Love it all, the Christmas dress is divine - can I ask what fabric?
The boy shorts are really cute too - love the two-colour combinations.

Emily said...

The Christmas dress is adorable! I'm just about to start on my first bubble dresses.

I love the sun dresses too, may I ask where the pattern is from? I'd love to file it away for my girls next summer.